.

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Progressivism and Existentialism My Beliefs Regarding the...

My intended mission as a teacher is to impact students lives with effective instruction that brings out their own highest potentials through learning. Being a teacher is appealing to me because it would provide me with the opportunity to have a career where I could really make a difference in the lives of students, supporting them while they develop knowledge and integrate this knowledge with the world around them. I firmly believe that teachers have the responsibility to provide students with guiding principles regarding learning, and that diversity among students with their learning styles and needs must be respected and accommodated. Teaching to me is not just about providing rote information to students, but rather engaging them in a learning experience that may ignite their curiosities and aid in the development of their own passions. Also, teachers have the ability to provide students with a safe context to develop self-esteem and confidence, which are the essential building bl ocks upon which they can successfully set and achieve goals. In regards to specific philosophies of education, my beliefs could be considered a combination between progressivism and existentialism. According to this philosophy of education, the role of the teacher is to provide students with instruction from the perspective of a support, helping the students develop their natural learning styles and abilities, further helping them feel confident and accepted for who they are. In the classroom,Show MoreRelatedMy Teaching Philosophy1217 Words   |  5 Pagessince I decided to pursue a career in the field of education, I always wondered what grade level best fitted me. Could it be Elementary, where children have been stereotyped as uncontrollable little brats, Middle School, where the students are depicted as uncontrollable, rebellious students, or High School, oh gee whiz? I have decided that I would pursue a career in Elementary School. The grade level I hope to teach is at the elem entary school level. My current goal is to either teach the 4th or 5thRead MoreI Think Educators Should Be Teaching Literacy3097 Words   |  13 Pagesgather useful knowledge and escape into something enjoyable and relatable all at the same time. This paper is going to explain my beliefs on how I think educators should be teaching literacy in their classrooms based on my personal beliefs of the balanced teaching approach. I am a progressivist and an existentialist and believe in a balanced teaching approach. My beliefs regarding becoming a beneficial literacy teaching are that differentiated instruction helps to fit individualized needs, teaching should

No comments:

Post a Comment